If you have a sweet tooth and a fondness for desserts, get ready to indulge in a delectable journey through a marvelous assortment of 100 desserts that all start with the letter “M.” From cakes and pies to cookies, ice cream treats, puddings, pastries, breads, and more, this delightful collection will surely satisfy your cravings. So, let’s dive in and explore these mouthwatering desserts, grouped by their delicious categories!
Cakes and Pies
- Madeira Cake: A classic British sponge cake known for its buttery texture and hints of lemon zest. Enjoy it with a cup of tea for a delightful afternoon treat.
- Maraca Pie: A unique dessert combining a buttery crust with a rich chocolate and pecan filling, creating a symphony of flavors that will make your taste buds dance.
- Mahogany Cake: This decadent chocolate cake gets its name from its deep, dark color. Its velvety texture and rich flavor make it an irresistible choice for chocolate lovers.
- Marble Cake: A visual delight, with its swirls of vanilla and chocolate batters, creating a beautiful marble-like pattern. It’s not only stunning but also incredibly moist and delicious.
- Maple Spice Cake: A delightful combination of warm spices and sweet maple syrup, this cake is a perfect treat for autumn. The aroma itself will transport you to a cozy kitchen on a crisp fall day.
- Millefeuille: Also known as Napoleon, this French pastry features layers of delicate puff pastry filled with rich pastry cream. Its flaky texture and creamy filling make it an elegant dessert.
- Mississippi Mud Pie: A Southern classic, this indulgent pie features a chocolate cookie crust, layers of chocolate pudding and whipped cream, and a generous sprinkle of crushed pecans. It’s a true crowd-pleaser.
- Moravian Sugar Cake: Hailing from North Carolina, this yeast-based coffee cake is topped with a buttery cinnamon sugar glaze that caramelizes beautifully as it bakes. It pairs perfectly with a hot cup of coffee.
Cookies and Biscuits
- Macaroons: These delightful coconut treats are crispy on the outside and chewy on the inside. They come in various flavors and colors, making them a visually appealing and delicious option for any occasion.
- Milo Cookies: A delightful twist on traditional chocolate chip cookies, these treats incorporate Milo powder, adding a malted chocolate flavor that sets them apart.
- Molasses Cookies: Packed with warm spices like ginger, cinnamon, and cloves, these cookies have a rich and deep flavor, thanks to the addition of molasses. They are perfect for the holiday season.
- Magic Cookie Bars: These heavenly bars are layered with graham cracker crumbs, sweetened condensed milk, chocolate chips, coconut, and nuts. They are magically delicious and incredibly easy to make.
- Mexican Wedding Cookies: Also known as Russian tea cakes or snowball cookies, these delicate buttery treats are coated in powdered sugar and melt in your mouth. They are a staple at festive occasions.
Ice Cream and Frozen Treats
- Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream: A classic favorite, this refreshing ice cream combines the coolness of mint with the richness of chocolate chips. It’s the perfect balance of flavors.
- Mango Sorbet: Bursting with the tropical sweetness of ripe mangoes, this dairy-free frozen dessert is a refreshing way to beat the heat. Its vibrant color and fruity flavor are truly irresistible.
- Melktert: A traditional South African dessert, this creamy custard tart is made with a delicate pastry crust and a smooth milk-based filling, sprinkled with a touch of cinnamon on top.
- Mulled Cider Jelly: A unique twist on traditional jelly, this delightful dessert features the warm and comforting flavors of mulled cider infused into a wobbly jelly. It’s like capturing the essence of autumn in every bite.
Puddings and Custards
- Marshmallow Pie: A fluffy and creamy delight, this pie combines a marshmallow filling with a buttery graham cracker crust. It’s a slice of heaven for marshmallow lovers.
- Mousse Cake: A velvety and light dessert that combines a silky mousse with layers of cake. It’s an elegant and indulgent treat that will impress your guests.
- Monmouth Pudding: Dating back to the 17th century, this British pudding features layers of bread soaked in custard, sweetened with sugar and flavored with lemon zest. It’s a comforting and nostalgic dessert.
- Mango Pudding: This Asian-inspired dessert showcases the lusciousness of ripe mangoes in a silky smooth pudding. It’s a tropical delight that will transport you to exotic destinations.
Pastries and Tarts
- Madeleines: These delicate French shell-shaped cakes are light and buttery, with a hint of lemon. They are perfect for a dainty tea-time treat.
- Mont Blanc: A classic French dessert featuring a sweetened chestnut puree, whipped cream, and meringue, all elegantly assembled to resemble a snowy mountain peak. It’s a masterpiece of flavors and textures.
- Macarons: These colorful and iconic French cookies are made from almond flour and filled with various flavored creams or jams. Each bite offers a delicate crunch and a burst of flavor.
- Mille-feuille: A heavenly pastry made with layers of flaky puff pastry and rich vanilla pastry cream, topped with a thin layer of icing or powdered sugar. Its name translates to “thousand leaves,” referring to its multiple layers.
- Mushroom Meringue Pie: A whimsical dessert that resembles a mushroom, this pie features a meringue “cap” atop a creamy filling, all nestled in a buttery crust. It’s as delightful to look at as it is to taste.
- Mazurek: A traditional Polish cake or tart typically enjoyed during Easter, Mazurek is made with a shortbread-like crust and topped with various sweet fillings, such as nuts, dried fruits, or jams.
- Mango Pudding: A popular dessert in Asian cuisine, this silky-smooth pudding is made with fresh mango puree, milk, and gelatin. It’s a refreshing and fruity treat.
- Mulberry Cobbler: A rustic dessert showcasing the vibrant and juicy mulberries baked with a buttery biscuit-like topping. Serve it warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream for the ultimate indulgence.
- Marzipan: A sweet almond-based paste often used for sculpting and decorating cakes and pastries. It adds a delightful almond flavor and a touch of elegance to desserts.
- Meringues: These light and airy confections are made from whipped egg whites and sugar, resulting in crisp exteriors and soft interiors. They can be enjoyed on their own or used as a topping for pies and cakes.
- Mizuyōkan: A traditional Japanese jelly-like dessert made from agar-agar, sugar, and sweet bean paste. It comes in various flavors and is often enjoyed chilled.
- Mochi: A popular Japanese treat made from glutinous rice pounded into a soft and chewy texture. Mochi can be filled with sweet bean paste, ice cream, or fruit, and it’s often enjoyed during special occasions.
Breads and Buns
- Muffins: These individual-sized quick breads come in a variety of flavors, such as blueberry, chocolate chip, or banana. They are perfect for a grab-and-go breakfast or a delightful snack.
- Mayonnaise Cake: Surprisingly moist and rich, this unique cake recipe includes mayonnaise as one of its secret ingredients. It results in a tender crumb and a delightful taste.
- Mamie Eisenhower’s Chocolate Fudge: A recipe passed down from former First Lady Mamie Eisenhower, this classic chocolate fudge is smooth, creamy, and intensely chocolaty. It’s a nostalgic treat that brings back memories of simpler times.
- Mantecadas: These traditional Spanish muffin-like cakes are made with butter, flour, sugar, and eggs, resulting in a soft and buttery texture. They are often flavored with lemon zest or vanilla.
- Malt Loaf: A dense and sticky loaf cake made with malt extract and dried fruits, this British tea-time treat is often enjoyed sliced and spread with butter.
- Mulled Wine Sorbet: A refreshing and boozy frozen dessert, this sorbet combines the flavors of mulled wine—warm spices, citrus, and red wine—in a delightful icy treat.
- Mammoth Pancake: Also known as a Dutch baby pancake, this large puffy pancake is baked in the oven and rises dramatically. It’s typically served with powdered sugar, fruit, or maple syrup.
- Morir Soñando: A refreshing Dominican beverage made with orange juice, milk, sugar, and ice. Its name translates to “to die dreaming” and perfectly describes the sensation of sipping on this creamy and citrusy concoction.
- Mulled Cider Jelly: A delightful jelly made with mulled cider, infusing it with the warm and comforting spices of cinnamon, cloves, and nutmeg. It’s a unique and flavorful jelly that pairs well with toast or scones.
- Mysore Pak: A popular South Indian sweet made from chickpea flour, ghee, and sugar. It has a rich, crumbly texture and a sweet aroma that will transport you to the vibrant streets of Mysore.
- Milky Way Tart: A heavenly dessert inspired by the popular Milky Way candy bar. It features a buttery tart shell filled with caramel, chocolate ganache, and a sprinkle of Milky Way candy pieces.
- Mirror Glaze Cake: A showstopping cake adorned with a glossy mirror-like glaze that creates stunning reflections. It’s a true work of art that combines visual appeal with delectable flavors.
Puddings and Mousses
- Maple Taffy: A sweet treat made by pouring hot maple syrup onto snow or ice, which quickly solidifies into a chewy and delightful confection. It’s a beloved Canadian dessert enjoyed during the winter months.
- Marron glacé: A luxurious French confection made from candied chestnuts. These glossy and sweet chestnuts are often enjoyed on their own or used as an ingredient in desserts and pastries.
- Milk Chocolate: Smooth and creamy, milk chocolate is a beloved variety of chocolate made with milk powder or condensed milk. Its mild and sweet flavor makes it a favorite for baking and snacking.
- Melba Toast: Named after the famous opera singer Dame Nellie Melba, this thin and crispy toast is often served with spreads, such as pâté or cheese. It adds a delightful crunch to any appetizer or snack.
- Mendiants: These French confections feature disks of chocolate topped with assorted nuts, dried fruits, and sometimes even spices. They are often enjoyed as a festive treat during the holiday season.
- Mexican Flan: A rich and creamy caramel custard dessert with a smooth texture and a sweet caramel sauce. It’s a staple in Mexican cuisine and is enjoyed on various occasions.
- Microwaved Sponge Pudding: A quick and easy dessert that can be made in a microwave, this sponge pudding is light, fluffy, and typically served with a warm sauce, such as custard or caramel.
- Molasses Cake: A moist and flavorful cake made with molasses and warm spices like cinnamon, ginger, and cloves. It has a rich and distinctive taste that pairs well with a dollop of whipped cream or vanilla ice cream.
- Moon Drops: These whimsical candies resemble colorful, elongated moon shapes. They come in various flavors and are often enjoyed as a fun and nostalgic treat.
- Mocha Cupcakes: These delightful cupcakes combine the flavors of coffee and chocolate, with a rich mocha frosting that adds a burst of flavor. They are a perfect treat for coffee lovers.
- Morcon: A traditional Filipino dish consisting of a rolled and stuffed beef roulade, often served during special occasions and celebrations. It’s a savory and flavorful dish that showcases the culinary traditions of the Philippines.
- Monkey Tails: A playful frozen treat made by dipping bananas in chocolate and freezing them on sticks. They are a fun and healthy alternative to traditional ice cream bars.
- Mexican Churros: Crispy and cinnamon-sugar coated, these fried dough pastries are a beloved street food in Mexico. They are often enjoyed dipped in hot chocolate or served with dulce de leche.
- Melba Toast: Thin, dry, and crispy, Melba toast is named after the Australian opera singer Dame Nellie Melba. It’s a versatile accompaniment to various spreads, cheeses, and toppings.
- Mendiants: These French confections are disks of chocolate topped with dried fruits and nuts. They are a popular treat during the holiday season and make for an elegant gift.
- Mexican Flan: A classic dessert in Mexican cuisine, flan is a silky smooth caramel custard with a rich and creamy texture. It’s often served with a drizzle of caramel sauce on top.
- Microwaved Sponge Pudding: A quick and easy dessert that can be made in the microwave, this sponge pudding is light, fluffy, and typically served with a warm sauce, such as custard or fruit compote.
- Moon Drops: Colorful and candy-coated, moon drops are elongated candies that resemble the shape of a crescent moon. They come in various flavors and are a fun and nostalgic treat.
- Morir Soñando: A refreshing beverage from the Dominican Republic, morir soñando combines orange juice, milk, sugar, and ice to create a creamy and citrusy delight. Its name translates to “to die dreaming.”
- Mulled Cider Jelly: A unique jelly infused with the warm spices of mulled cider, such as cinnamon, cloves, and nutmeg. It’s a flavorful and festive spread that pairs well with toast or scones.
- Mysore Pak: A popular South Indian sweet made with chickpea flour, ghee (clarified butter), and sugar. It has a rich and crumbly texture, with a hint of cardamom flavor.
- Milky Way Tart: Inspired by the popular Milky Way candy bar, this tart features a buttery crust filled with caramel, chocolate ganache, and a sprinkle of Milky Way candy pieces. It’s a heavenly treat for chocolate lovers.
Pies, and Delightful Surprises
- Mexican Wedding Cookies: Also known as Russian tea cakes or snowball cookies, these buttery treats are delicately sweet and crumbly, often rolled in powdered sugar. They are a staple at weddings and festive occasions.
- Macadamia Nut Pie: A luscious pie featuring a buttery graham cracker crust and a rich filling made with macadamia nuts, butter, and sweetened condensed milk. It’s a tropical twist on the classic pecan pie.
- Marshmallow Fluff: A fluffy and creamy spread made from marshmallows, sugar, and egg whites. It’s a delightful addition to desserts, sandwiches, or enjoyed straight from the spoon.
- Miniature Cheesecakes: Individual-sized cheesecakes with a crumbly crust and a creamy, rich filling. They come in various flavors, from classic New York-style to fruity variations like raspberry or blueberry.
- Mango Fool: A simple yet elegant dessert made with layers of fresh mango puree and whipped cream. It’s a refreshing and fruity treat that requires minimal effort to prepare.
- Mozzarella in Carrozza: An Italian snack consisting of mozzarella cheese sandwiched between bread slices, coated in egg and breadcrumbs, and fried until golden and melty. It’s a delicious savory indulgence.
- Mint Julep: A classic Southern cocktail made with fresh mint leaves, bourbon, sugar, and crushed ice. It’s a refreshing and minty drink often associated with the Kentucky Derby.
- Mixed Berry Crumble: A delightful dessert made with a medley of fresh berries topped with a buttery crumble topping. It’s best enjoyed warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
More Temptations Await
- Mango Lassi: A popular Indian drink made with fresh mangoes, yogurt, milk, and a touch of sweetness. It’s a smooth and creamy beverage that offers a cooling respite on warm days.
- Maple Walnut Fudge: A rich and creamy fudge made with real maple syrup and studded with crunchy walnuts. It’s a sweet treat that captures the essence of autumn.
- Mochi Ice Cream: A delightful Japanese dessert that combines chewy mochi rice cake with a creamy ice cream filling. It comes in various flavors and is often enjoyed as a handheld treat.
- Molten Chocolate Cake: A decadent dessert with a gooey chocolate center, surrounded by a moist and rich chocolate cake. When you cut into it, the molten chocolate oozes out, creating a heavenly experience.
- Maple Pecan Pie: A classic pie featuring a sweet and sticky filling made with maple syrup and pecans, nestled in a flaky pie crust. It’s a beloved dessert, especially during the holiday season.
- Mascarpone Cheesecake: A creamy and velvety cheesecake made with mascarpone cheese, offering a lighter and silkier texture compared to traditional cream cheese-based cheesecakes.
- Matcha Green Tea Ice Cream: A vibrant and flavorful ice cream made with finely ground matcha green tea powder. It has a distinctive earthy flavor and is a favorite among tea enthusiasts.
- Milk Bar Pie: A signature creation from the renowned Milk Bar bakery, this pie features a gooey, buttery filling with a caramelized top. It’s a delightful combination of sweet and salty flavors.
Cakes, Custards, and Final Delights
- Molasses Spice Cake: A warmly spiced cake made with molasses, cinnamon, ginger, and cloves. Its deep flavors and moist texture make it a perfect fall or winter dessert.
- Mooncake: A traditional Chinese pastry enjoyed during the Mid-Autumn Festival. These round pastries have various fillings, such as lotus seed paste, red bean paste, or salted egg yolk, and are often beautifully decorated.
- Maple Creme Brulee: A luxurious dessert featuring a creamy custard base infused with maple syrup and topped with a caramelized sugar crust. The contrast between the silky custard and the crackling caramel is simply divine.
- Marshmallow Fondant: A pliable icing made from melted marshmallows and powdered sugar, commonly used to decorate cakes and create intricate designs. It adds a whimsical touch to any cake creation.
- Marjolaine: A French dessert consisting of layers of almond and hazelnut meringue, chocolate ganache, and praline buttercream. It’s an elegant and indulgent treat for special occasions.
- Mandarin Orange Cake: A light and citrusy cake made with fresh mandarin oranges, adding a burst of vibrant flavor to every bite. It’s a refreshing dessert that is perfect for any time of the year.
- Mango Sticky Rice: A popular Thai dessert made with glutinous rice, fresh mango slices, and a sweet coconut sauce. It’s a delightful combination of textures and flavors.
- Mille-Feuille: A classic French pastry made with layers of crisp puff pastry and rich pastry cream. It’s often adorned with a glaze or powdered sugar and offers a delightful crunch with each bite.
A Final Sweet Farewell
- Meringue Pie: A delightful pie with a light and airy meringue topping. The sweet and fluffy meringue complements various fillings such as lemon, chocolate, or fruit, creating a delightful dessert.
- Marble Cheesecake: A stunning dessert that combines the richness of chocolate and the creamy smoothness of cheesecake. The swirling marble pattern creates an eye-catching presentation.
- Mango Coconut Panna Cotta: A silky and creamy Italian dessert made with coconut milk and fresh mango puree. It’s a tropical twist on the classic panna cotta.
- Milk Tart: A beloved South African dessert made with a sweet pastry crust and a creamy, cinnamon-infused custard filling. It’s a true comfort food that has become a national favorite.
- Matcha Roll Cake: A light and fluffy sponge cake filled with matcha-flavored cream. The vibrant green color and distinct matcha flavor make it a popular dessert in Japanese cuisine.
- Meringue Kisses: Delicate and sweet, these bite-sized meringue cookies are light and crisp on the outside with a soft and chewy interior. They come in an array of flavors and colors, making them a delightful treat.
- Molasses Ginger Cookies: These cookies are a perfect blend of molasses, warm spices, and a hint of ginger. With their soft and chewy texture, they are a comforting treat during the holiday season.
- Mascarpone Mousse: A light and airy dessert made with mascarpone cheese, whipped cream, and flavorings such as vanilla or coffee. It’s a creamy delight that can be enjoyed on its own or used as a filling in other desserts.
- Marshmallow Rice Krispies Treats: A childhood favorite, these no-bake treats are made with crispy rice cereal and melted marshmallows. They are quick and easy to prepare, offering a nostalgic and satisfying dessert.
With this grand finale, we conclude our epic exploration of “100 Desserts that Start with M.” From cakes and custards to cookies, pies, and a multitude of other sweet indulgences, we’ve journeyed through a world of flavors and delights. Whether you’re a fan of chocolate, fruits, or classic favorites, there’s a dessert on this list to suit every palate and occasion.
So go ahead, satisfy your sweet tooth and enjoy the magic of these mouthwatering desserts. Bon appétit!