Sometimes you need a slicer to be able to cut more than just vegetables. In fact, for most meat preparations, you need to cut them down into the desired shape and size – unless you’re buying pre-packaged frozen stuff – but where’s the fun in that?
So here we bring you the top meat slicer review so that by the time you read through to the end of the page, you will be in quite a hurry to get to Amazon, where of course you will get the meat slicer that has been ranked among one of the
With more than 225 customers backing it, the Chef's Choice 609 Premium Electric Food Slicer was the sure shot winner of being ranked the best of the best!
Now the topmost query on your mind is most likely to be – what are the features? What makes this unit the best among all the meat slicers that flood Amazon alone, let alone any other online store or even the supermarket?
So let’s take you through the features one by one—
- Comes with a cast-aluminum and stainless steel slicer – and is motor driven.
- The motor itself is a cool running one – plus it is also high-torque for maximum efficiency.
- The 7 inch blade is multipurpose and can cut meat slices into deli-special thin to 1 inch thick slices.
- The tilted big food carriage will make for the most effective and time efficient slicing experience – and you can actually slice quite a chunk at a single go.
- Plus you get a guide on how to clean the slicer.
- The whole unit comes with a cord storage unit, not to mention the quick on/off switch for easy operation.
There’s a lot more that you will learn from the real experiences of the customers – shared in the form of customer reviews for discriminating buyers like you…we cannot possibly bring you ALL that has been said in praise of this meat slicer – but we can surely get you an exemplary sample—
So here’s what a customer has to say – and others say much the same things…
Unbelievably good slicer!
“I wanted a slicer for the house and was skeptical... Although major components are metal, there was enough plastic to disappoint upon initial inspection. I was wrong. The slicer is easy to clean, safe to operate and wonderfully efficient WITH the serrated blade it comes with.
The 1st use was for rendering a great corn beef and cabbage meal into reubens a couple days later. Today, it paid for itself. I cured and smoked 2 pork bellies into 20+ lbs of bacon. They're vac sealed and in the freezer... PERFECTLY sliced. I would not use for any commercial application, but for the house, it's the best $79 I have ever spent.
The difference between good and bad slicers are measured in the waste/scrap and basic inefficiency of the machine with regard to sharpness and tolerance of components. Again, I say, 'UNBELIEVABLE!'. Very good product at an exceptional price. Thanks AMAZON.”
So are you ready to take the test yourself? You will be more than happy with your choice…and our happiness lies in helping you make an informed decision with this top meat slicer review. But don’t wait too long – or you could have to wait till Amazon restocks the…
We did promise you that you will get to check out some of the top meat slicer reviews here – and here is our second pick…
Best Choice Products® New 10" Blade Commercial Deli Meat Cheese Food Slicer
So you’ve already seen one of the top meat slicers that Amazon has on offer. And now we are about to check out the second.
Naturally, you’ll want to know the features of this slicer so you can make up your mind more easily. And we are not going to disappoint you on that count.
- As you know, for kitchen appliances, Stainless Steel is the most durable and convenient metal. And likewise, this cutter – body, parts and blade – are all made of top class stainless steel!
- With other low end meat slicers you should ideally expect quite a bit of noise as the blade turns. But not with this one – slicing meat with this one is a quiet smooth operation!
- This can actually slice your meat to 5/8th of an inch! That is super thin!
- It is a super-fast cutter – but without posing any risk to your fingers.
- Of course it comes with its own detailed instruction manual – so you will know exactly how to go about with it.
- And guess what – it actually comes with a whetstone – so you can sharpen the blade yourself!
Again, as with the last slicer, here too, we’ll check out a few of the USPs as pointed out by happy and satisfied customers:
- The manufacturers will tell you this is fast – but just how fast? One customer actually used it to slice up 2 deer roasts and a pair of homemade ham loins – and it made short work of the total 8 pounds in under 10 minutes!
- It is also super easy to clean as it comes apart very well. And then you will need anywhere between 15 and 20 minutes to clean it completely.
- Sharpening it is also very easy – since the whetstone is actually built in and that makes it really convenient.
And again, for the rest of the details, just go ahead and check out Amazon now – after all you will get the best deals there!
And that’s not all – we have a bonus for you….
Top Meat Slicer Comparison
|Details/Product||Chef's Choice 609 Premium Electric Food Slicer||Best Choice Products® New 10" Blade Commercial Deli Meat Cheese Food Slicer|
|Minimum thickness of meat||3/4 inch||5/8 inch|
|Slicer made of||Cast aluminum & Stainless steel||Stainless steel|
|Serving tray||Included||Not included|
|Grade||Home slicer||Commercial use slicer|
|Dimensions||15inX 10-1/2inX 10-4/5in||19in X 18-7/10in X 16-1/2in|
|Allen Key||Not included||Included|
|Heating||Runs cool||Contains vents to dissipate heat during heavy use|
This was just an indicative comparison – but you will find all the rest of the details that were not included in this top meat slicer review when you check out the individual slicers on Amazon. So – go take a look!
So after you’ve seen our top 2 contenders for best deli meat slicer, it is now time to check out just one more option. This is actually just a simple variation of the first slice – almost comparable in features, and costs a few dollars less…
After the Chef’s Choice 609, we now bring you the Chef’s Choice 615. Where features are concerned, it is almost similar, with the following things being the same:
- Stainless Steel and Cast Aluminum body that is sturdy and rust proof.
- 7 inch Steel blade that can slice your meat to deli thin slices.
- Easy to clean design as it can be disassembled with ease.
As for differences, there are subtle ones, and we’ll focus on those now:
- Where the 609 was able to cut meat slices up to a thickness of 1 inch, the thickest you can get with this is ¾ of an inch. However, with deli meat you really do not need to be much thicker!
- This model comes with a special switch that enables you to lock the food carriage into position when not in use. In this way, access to the sharp blade is limited. This is a very nice feature as you can then be certain that no one will accidentally slice their hands when they touch it, or try to move it – especially if you have children in the house. The blade is very sharp – and so that is always a very real concern.
- And lastly, in dimensions, this one is just about ½ an inch higher and broader than the other one.
- One person wrote that if you just took the trouble to chill your meat and then applied even pressure you can get perfect deli thin slices of meat at home!
- It does take a bit of getting used to – but once you learn, it is an economical and efficient option for slicing your cured or cooked meat!
- People also loved that the cleanup was so easy. Taking it apart is no hassle at all – and putting it back together isn’t either!
Overall, there are quite a few customer reviews, all with little nuggets of useful information. Why don’t you go and check them out… And once you have done that, when it comes to ordering, check out Amazon for what deals are on offer!