What is that one thing that makes restaurant fries so lip-smackingly yummy? No matter what you do – get russet potatoes, fry them twice, cook them thrice in three different ways, or even experiment with the fat and fryer you use – home fries seem to never match up to the crispy-on-the-outside...and... light-and-fluffy-on-the-inside fries you buy. However, there’s a secret way to make perfect fries even at home – in fact anyone can do it. Wondering what’s the secret? It’s a simple piece of kitchen equipment – a good quality French fry cutter!
Home style fries are never uniform – and this greatly affects how they cook. But with a cutter, you can make fries that are absolutely the same size! And that is what makes for the crunchiest yummiest fries. And we have brought you all the information you need before getting the best French fry cutter for your kitchen!
Ultimate Guide To The Best French Fry Cutter
|French Fry Cutter||Picture||Cutter Sizes||Price Range|
1. LEM Products Commercial French Fry Cutter
3/8” and ½ inch
2. Weston Restaurant Quality French Fry Cutter
3/8” and ½ inch
3. New Star 1/2-Inch Commercial Restaurant Quality Heavy Duty French Fry Cutter
4. Winco French Fry Cutter
5.Thunder Group French Fry Blade Cutter
6.RSVP International French Fry Cutter
3/8” and ½ inch
7.Culina French Fry Potato Cutter with Round Bottom
3/8” and ½ inch
Top 5 French Fry Cutter Reviews
New Star 1/2-Inch Commercial Restaurant Quality Heavy Duty French Fry Cutter and Sweet Potato Cutter
Dual Purpose: French Fry Cutter and Sweet Potato Cutter
This French fry cutter from New Star is a very steady and well-constructed unit to have in your kitchen. As you can see, it attaches to any flat base and can then be used effectively. You can either attach it horizontally on a tabletop or even vertically against a wall. Either way, you just need to even out one end of the potatoes, fit them in one by one and press the lever. And voila – you have perfect French fries all ready to be washed and cooked!
That’s not all, this assembly is pretty easy to put together and extremely easy to clean. Unlike the cheaper plastic counterparts, it doesn’t stand the risk of falling apart with strain. And that’s not all – here’s why we recommend it:
- The body is strong cast iron – so even when you apply some extra pressure, you can still be certain the assembly will hold up.
- Makes ½ inch fries – also known as the big size.
- The feet are suction based – so they keep the cutter firmly in place.
- Because of suction equipped feet, you can actually just remove it when done and store elsewhere.
- The blades are sharp enough to cut through other veggies like sweet potatoes and onions as well! So you can use it to make other fries as well.
- Extremely easily to clean since the blades detach. However, you should be very careful around them since they are very sharp.
Overall, this product is very good, and no wonder it has got so many 5 star reviews (22 out of 28 reviews!) from most of its Amazon customers.
Also you get an over 50% discount on the price right now!
So grab the New Star 1/2-Inch Commercial Restaurant Quality Heavy Duty French Fry Cutter before they get sold out on Amazon.
This next French fry cutter is from Weston, and said to be at par with those usually used at restaurants. Again, this can be mounted on any flat surface. However, this does not attach using suction caps. Currently this product has been reviewed by about 250 people on Amazon, out of which about 134 people left 5 star reviews. And that is not without reason.
Not only is this an easy clean and easy maintenance machine, but also extremely simple and fast operation wise. Besides that, here are the reasons it made it to our list:
- This one makes 3/8th inch fries – also called the small fries.
- The basic frame of this cutter is also of durable cast iron construction and thus can be expected to be very sturdy.
- All the components, including the blades are of stainless steel – and naturally rust proof. So you do not need to worry about it in the long run.
- In fact, the cutter is so well built that it can reportedly cut yam into fries with the least strain.
- Again, it is easy to disassemble and so you can expect no trouble in cleaning it. All you need to do is loosen the screws and take off the blades and other parts.
- The feet of this cutter attach using screws and can be detached and stored away if needed – though it is a bit more hassle than the other one.
As we’ve already mentioned, this cutter is pretty highly rated at Amazon and it promises to be quite a package. And we aren’t the ones saying that – go and check out the reviewers at Amazon, they’ll do a pretty good job of convincing buyers.
If the Weston Restaurant Quality French Fry Cutter is the one you want, then orders yours at Amazon and get it for a supersaver price!
Now for another product – the style is the same but the construction varies. Here the entire assembly is made rust proof – so no matter when you use it, you needn’t worry about the harmful effects of rust in your potatoes. The body as well the handle is cast iron. The rest of the assembly is stainless steel, though.
Again, this is a cutter that you can wall mount or affix on your countertop. According to customers, this is equivalent to any of the commercial cutters used in restaurants, and is in fact better at cutting your fries!
Here are the other reasons we recommend this cutter:
- Another cutter that gives you ½ inch thick fries.
- In construction, this cutter is a solid one made of cast iron and stainless steel.
- The handle is designed to be slip resistant, so even when you are using this over a long period of time, it will still remain comfortable to use.
- Yes, the cutter is heavy – but while that is a problem when moving it around, it actually is a plus when it comes to heavy duty cutting.
- The heavy, and steady body along with the very sharp blades ensure you can use it to cut just about any veggie!
- Disassembles easily so you can clean it just as effortlessly as it cuts French fries!
Currently it has been reviewed by 29 customers at Amazon, and 20 of them actually gave it a perfect 5 star rating! Also we recommend you get this from Amazon – that’s because they are giving an unmatched 76% discount on the price right now!
The price may just increase – so order your Thunder Group French Fry Blade Cutter before it does!
This French fry cutter is another one from the professional range – really built sturdy and strong for heavy duty French fry cutting! This comes with suction cups as well as permanent screwed feet. So whether you want to set it up temporarily or permanently, you can do either.
In construction, it is said to be a clone of the Weston, but it comes with an extra blade and works great for other purposes like making zucchini sticks etc. . Let’s find out more about it:
- It comes with 2 blades so you can make small fries (3/8 inch) and large fries (1/2 inch) using this one machine by just changing the blades.
- If the blades can be changed, they can surely be removed for easy cleaning as well!
- According to customer feedback, this one is extremely easy to use – as it makes fries with the least bit of effort.
- Whether you want to cut hard sweet potatoes or any other veggie, this cutter can easily handle everything!
- A steady French fry cutter to have in the house – can be easily operated by all – kids or grownups.
Currently this cutter has been reviewed by 33 people at Amazon, and has been given 5 star reviews and comments by more than half of them. Also for its price you get a very good deal...because the other cutters do not feature dual blades, and buying extra blades would push their prices up much higher!
We do recommend that if you want this one, order it soon before stocks run out.
This last one is from Winco and is a pretty good and efficient cutter for most kitchens. Even if you have potatoes that make for 6 inch long fries, this cutter can manage them. With a sound construction, it makes French fries very fast. This is because you needn’t really work very hard to push the potatoes through the blades.
The entire assembly is metal, and brushed metal at that. So this is actually built for durability. And that is saying nothing about how highly it is reviewed at Amazon. For its price, this one is a great package:
- This makes small fries – 3/8 inch.
- Very steady when attached using screws. Can be wall mounted.
- Can also be attached using suction cups – and that is equally well set.
- Easy to take apart and clean completely.
- You can use this to cut any kind of potato – including sweet potato. It really is steady enough!
Currently this product has been reviewed by 31 customers over at Amazon. And it has received helpful and compelling reviews from most. Also there’s a more than 40% discount at Amazon right now!
So order the Winco French Fry Cutter, 3/8'' Cut from Amazon before the price goes up!
Types Of Potato Cutters
On the one hand you have restaurant style fries or potato sticks. On the other you have all the varied potato wafers that you find in packages. And the great news is you can make these at home too! And once again, the trick is in getting your potatoes (or a number of other veggies) to the exact and uniform shape and size! And for that you have the different types of potato cutters:
Commercial French Fry Cutter
A commercial French fry cutter is any equipment that allows you to put in the potatoes and have them cut to French fry shapes with the pressing of a single lever. These usually feature a blade assembly where the blades are set out at right angles in a grid pattern. They potato is forced through this cutter and you get the uniform fries.
Waffle Fry Cutter
A waffle fry cutter cuts your fries across into thin disks having a waffle pattern on them – with such a cutter you can easily make waffle potato wafers at home! When making wafers at home, they usually tend to not crisp up because you don’t manage to get uniformly thick wafers – but the wafers you get with this equipment will all be the same thickness!
Spiral Potato Cutter
Do you love spiral potatoes, but always thought these were one kind of fries just not invented for the home kitchen? Well, you were wrong! Using a spiral potato cutter you can get the most perfect and easy-to-cook spiraled potatoes each time! No more struggling with a potato on a skewer and a knife and only to get less-than-perfect results!
Potato Chip Slicer
However, if what you want are the regular potato chips that are come with no complex patterns, just with pure taste and crunch – then a potato chip slicer that works much like a mandoline is what you need. Just as you can adjust the thickness with a mandoline slicer, the potato chip slicer also produces potato disks of equal and very fine thickness. The result is that you can get crispy fries in every bite!
But if what you want are crinkly fries then you need a crinkle cutter. Okay, so these aren’t mechanized and you need to use it manually. But then they are still the way to get crinkly fries. The cutters are usually a crinkled blade and when you cut your potatoes using these, the resultant chips have the wave like pattern.
So those were the French fry cutters that we thought were more than good enough. We wouldn’t feature anything less, anyway. But if you wanted to pick one – our first recommendation is always the New Star 1/2-Inch Commercial Restaurant Quality Heavy Duty French Fry Cutter. This is because it is priced competitively and also promises to be a great addition to any kitchen. So, ready for restaurant style fries in the comfort of your home?
Incoming search terms:
- BestFrenchFrycutter (134)
- best french fry cutter (90)
- french fry cutter (84)
- french fry cutter reviews (38)
- NULL (31)
- Best French Fry Cutter Reviews (26)
- www cutsliceddiced com (20)
- french fry cutter canada (14)
- best french fry cutter for home use (14)
- Weston French Fry Cutter (10)
- best french fries cutter (7)
- Fry Cutter (5)
- best french fry cutters (5)
- crinkle chip cutter care and maintanance (2)
- best size for french fries (2)
- steel onion chopper (2)
- CNGP (1)
- chips cutter at game store (1)
- best french fry cutter for sweet potatoes (1)
- best chip cutter (1)